Grey frog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vanessa Eleanor Rice

Registered Member
Jun 2, 2017
I currently rescued a grey tree frog from being run over by a lawn mower now he's in my old 30 gallon fish tank and found out he's very picky with insects. I am trying to figure out what time of day I should release him.

IMG_20170602_155549.jpg

IMG_20170602_155607.jpg

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
He needs to be trained to eat in captivity. He'll likely not eat much due to the stress. It would probably be best to let him go to be honest. Additionally, it may be hard to replicate his needs as far as temperature, moisture and diet.

Depending on the state you live in, it may actually be illegal to keep him. The department of fish and wildlife has many regulations on what can and cannot be kept in captivity and in some states (Washington for example) you can get up to a $5000 fine for keeping native species.

Reactions: OrionGirl

Vanessa Eleanor Rice

Registered Member
Jun 2, 2017
He needs to be trained to eat in captivity. He'll likely not eat much due to the stress. It would probably be best to let him go to be honest. Additionally, it may be hard to replicate his needs as far as temperature, moisture and diet.

Depending on the state you live in, it may actually be illegal to keep him. The department of fish and wildlife has many regulations on what can and cannot be kept in captivity and in some states (Washington for example) you can get up to a $5000 fine for keeping native species.
I live in Wisconsin and what time of day would I release the frog

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Ha, you must have some good bugs for him in your area and he found your screen door a safe place to sleep

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store