Are all forums slow ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Just like anywhere, the internet is just another medium... you have to be able to give the folks with the know a way to get the information available, and the people who need the way to get the information, the quickest way possible for the info.

you need a way to be able to let the community know whose information is the best, and whose is basically useless.

Facebook is good for a quick fix and getting information, but pretty darned useless to try to search through old information. YouTube sucks to have information flow in two ways, and gives a voice to basically anybody.

But the best of luck if you do decide to go forward!

Mr. Bones

AC Members
May 25, 2017
In The Deep Blue Sea
Real Name
Boney
Guess im just too old fashioned when it comes to my aquatic info. Facebook sucked, shut that down, my own forum, dead as hell, shut that down.

I think that anyone who tries to start up a decent place to help other hobbyist in todays market is wasting your time.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
That's why I just stay here. :D

Reactions: Tifftastic

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I think it's all a case of building up the community, and then keeping it sizable and active.

There are plenty of active forums, Facebook groups or whatever.

It's just difficult to start anything new. Starting a forum to meet a known and documented need would work better, and have an instant community rather than trying to start something that's been done before.

I don't think the traffic here at AC is anything that it used to be, but since I was more active, I've seen other forums continue to do well, and I've seen plenty of Facebook groups start and have thousands of active members.

but as always, YMMV

Reactions: FreshyFresh

CuppieLuv

AC Members
Dec 5, 2017
Washington State
Real Name
AJ Craig
This forum is really nice so far (I'm new). I'm hoping to make at least a few friends. I don't think forums are slow unless the owners of them don't take care of them/update them enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store