Two questions about stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BBN

Braves on the Warpath
Apr 3, 2003
Marion, Illinois
Visit site
Hey all. I have a 20g tank. Not sure what the definition of tall or long is but it's 24" wide and 13" front to back. Eventually, I would love to have 5 albino corys (I have three now), 5 blackskirt tetras, and five neon tetras.

1. Is this an OK mix?
2. Would I be overloading my aquarium with these numbers?

Thanks

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I think you would be ok upping the cories and the neons to 6, but I wouldn't do the black skirts. They get pretty big. Maybe something like black neon tetras if you want some variety? Or just do 12 neons and 6 cories. But something smaller than the black skirts.

Reactions: fishorama and BBN

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, I'm of the bigger shoals of fewer species club too.

BTW you have a 20g high (or tall) so your surface area & floor space are smaller than a 20g long. So 6 corys & 12 neons are pretty much fully stocking it.

&...imo black skirts are biggish & boring...don't bother with them is my advice.

Most corys, including albinos, & neons prefer a similar low 70F temp, so a good match that way too.

BBN

Braves on the Warpath
Apr 3, 2003
Marion, Illinois
Visit site
Thank you! I added 3 corys yesterday. They're the first fish in and I'm going add 3 more cory. When can I safely do this? I don't want to overload the bioload too quickly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store