Suggestion to make beautiful partially planted aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
I am very much interested in partially planted aquarium and the photo of my tank is as below ,, I feel not fully satisfied on the settings .. can any experts can suggest ideas to alter the desighn with little plants too .. I am currently tuning an external filter too
---
TMA: Wed Jul 19 2017 14:41:35 GMT+0300 (+03).jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What kind of lighting is on the tank?

Are you looking for suggestions on additional plants to add, or care for the existing anubias?

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
What kind of lighting is on the tank?

Are you looking for suggestions on additional plants to add, or care for the existing anubias?
iam currently having a led light with blue and red combo, rigth now i only have 2 anubias nana, and planning to keep java moss. but my doubt is whether this will grow in my tank i have 7 small gold fish and need to buy any bottom feeding fish which will not spoil it and also i have got an canister filter which i doubt that will be blicked with java moss

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
How big is that tank?

Goldfish and plants don't mix well. Goldfish tend to see all plants as snacks. Tough leaved ones like anubias will survive for a while, but even they usually end up being eaten.

Unless you like them, there is not a NEED to have a catfish. They just add to the bioload of the tank, and with that many goldfish, it's already pretty high.

Reactions: fishorama

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Goldfish and plants do not mix well as Oriongirl stated. But pretty much any light should be able to grow moss and anubias.

Also you have tropical and cool water fish mixed together. What temp is the tank? You may need to choose between the goldfish with no plants (and probably no other fish cause I believe you are gonna be way overstocked eventually, fancies need 20+g per fish and this doesn't look like a 140g tank) or all the other fish with plants.

As far as your original question about the look of the tank... More wood with anubias and moss on it will help fill it in. I would put a bunch of wood or a large piece on the right side.

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
How big is that tank?

Goldfish and plants don't mix well. Goldfish tend to see all plants as snacks. Tough leaved ones like anubias will survive for a while, but even they usually end up being eaten.

Unless you like them, there is not a NEED to have a catfish. They just add to the bioload of the tank, and with that many goldfish, it's already pretty high.
Thanks for your advice, tank is 115 ltr, I am having led white/ red 20 w
Goldfish and plants do not mix well as Oriongirl stated. But pretty much any light should be able to grow moss and anubias.

Also you have tropical and cool water fish mixed together. What temp is the tank? You may need to choose between the goldfish with no plants (and probably no other fish cause I believe you are gonna be way overstocked eventually, fancies need 20+g per fish and this doesn't look like a 140g tank) or all the other fish with plants.

As far as your original question about the look of the tank... More wood with anubias and moss on it will help fill it in. I would put a bunch of wood or a large piece on the right side.
I might plann to gift my gold fish to one of my friend,, but again my doubt is I am having a external canister filter, if I put moss will this filter be sucking it

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
but again my doubt is I am having a external canister filter, if I put moss will this filter be sucking it
Easy fix, just put a coarse sponge over the intake strainer. Just rinse the sponge at water changes to prevent clogging.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Duckweed and lots of it. It spreads very fast and the goldfish will love snacking on it. It should do well as long as the surface movement is minimal and the goldfish will keep it's growth in check.

Plantlover

AC Members
Jul 19, 2017
Duckweed and lots of it. It spreads very fast and the goldfish will love snacking on it. It should do well as long as the surface movement is minimal and the goldfish will keep it's growth in check.
i think i have it in my pond, its too complicated one as this makes to cover the water fully and some times difficult to catch fishes using net, this will be stuck in it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store