Identify my juvenile pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nicola.R.C

Registered Member
Jul 26, 2017
I've just brought this little guy/girl could anyone tell me what species it is or do they all look the same at this age.

best-bottom-feeders-for-your-fish-tank-53c68bc87d1fc.jpg

Nicola.R.C

Registered Member
Jul 26, 2017
My thoughts are it is a young emerald green. and no they all mostly have their own look.
Great thank you, when I brought him the pet shop were so wrong. They told me my commets would b ok with him no info was given so I've been researching I've pretty much got food and water sorted il have to upgrade tank from 75 upwards later. This is the only picture of him I could find so far. Thanks.

Reactions: Mr. Bones

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm going to vote it's a cory. paleatus but it "could be" a "bronze" I suppose. Get 4-5 or more at least if you have tank space to make it cory-happy, you'll love the action! What, size is your tank?

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
It's a Corydoras paleatus also called the salt and pepper cory. It's a peaceful community fish and likes to be kept in small groups. They are bottom feeders but not algae eaters. Be sure to provide them tablet foods or flakes that sink to the bottom.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Narwhale is correct, it is not a pleco.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store