• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MariFish

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2017
Wisconsin
I have a rosy that has had a white ball on it's fin for about 5 months now. It is not acting sick, it's actually very active. I noticed two weeks ago that it had grown another underneath it's body. I put it in a quarantine tank and treated for Ich with Kordon Rid Ich. After that didn't change anything I added Kordon Rapid Cure. Nothing has changed. I don't know what it is. None of my other fish (Angel, Danio, Pleco, Boesemani Rainbow, fat head and one other rosy) have it.
I've attached pictures. They are not that great but you get the idea. Can anyone please tell me how to treat this?

RR1.jpg

RR.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

MariFish

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2017
Wisconsin
I have a rosy that has had a white ball on it's fin for about 5 months now. It is not acting sick, it's actually very active. I noticed two weeks ago that it had grown another underneath it's body. I put it in a quarantine tank and treated for Ich with Kordon Rid Ich. After that didn't change anything I added Kordon Rapid Cure. Nothing has changed. I don't know what it is. None of my other fish (Angel, Danio, Pleco, Boesemani Rainbow, fat head and one other rosy) have it.
Balls are solid. Not fluffy or cotton-like.
I've attached pictures. They are not that great but you get the idea. Can anyone please tell me how to treat this?

View attachment 222057

View attachment 222058

View attachment 222059

View attachment 222060
rr57.jpg rr58.jpg rr56.jpg rr55.jpg

Mr. Bones

AC Members
May 25, 2017
In The Deep Blue Sea
Real Name
Boney
I have done a lot of weird stuff over my 30 yr. hobby, but if i really wanted to keep that fish i would catch it in a net, scrape that off with something and see what happens. Maybe add a little salt to the tank and call it good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store