Cory cat killed fire eel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
So today I bought 5 smaller cory cats and everything was good a hour ago I checked the tank everything was good and a few minutes ago I check and my fire eel is upside down on the bottom dead as a door nail and he was fine I've had him for about 5 months is it possible he tryed to eat a cory and the cory stung him and killed him what do you think happened or he swallowed something he shouldn't have?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, if the eel tried to eat a cory & has a big enough mouth, he may be sorry with cory pectoral spines. It could also be a disease the new fish brought in, how're they doing? Parameters? QT?

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
They are doing well I added dr tims when I added the fish I did a water change the morning of and the shop qts all there fish for a week before they are sold

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
If trying to eat a cory killed him, then the cory would still be in it's mouth. I think there was another cause.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Some corys, when stressed, can release a toxin into the water... So this could be the case.

What sort of Cory? And how did you quarantine and/or acclimate the fish?

Sorry, read back more, looks like you didn't quarantine the fish yourself, and little acclimation once you brought them home.

Did the water the corys come unending up in your tank too?

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
Albino I acclimated the fish for 2 hours one hour and then then next hour I take a cup of tank water in the bag every ten minutes and no I pour into a net with a bucket under it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store