Angelfish in 25C water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Questions

AC Members
Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I have an angelfish tank and the temp went to 25c shall i turn on my heater?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
25c is already nice for Angels. I would not let it get cooler though.

Callard

AC Members
Sep 5, 2017
Port Elizabeth
Real Name
Callard
Camera Used
Samsung Tablet A
Hi guys
I have a problem..... a few weeks ago I saw that my one mbuna had eggs.. "mouth very swollen" I tried to get her out of the tank but was difficult as I didn't want to stress her to much. After a few days I found her dead...... guess she was harassed to much. A couple of days ago I saw a similar situation where 2 of my Mbumas were "pregnant" if I can put it that way. Today I saw her pretty bashed up. Tail fin bitten but managed to rescue her and put her into the hospital tank. I still need to find the other one and extract her as well.
Why is this? Is it bcoz they can't or don't want to defend themselves? I need to know if somebody can give me some positive feedback in this regard.
Thanks guys and gals

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Hi guys
I have a problem..... a few weeks ago I saw that my one mbuna had eggs.. "mouth very swollen" I tried to get her out of the tank but was difficult as I didn't want to stress her to much. After a few days I found her dead...... guess she was harassed to much. A couple of days ago I saw a similar situation where 2 of my Mbumas were "pregnant" if I can put it that way. Today I saw her pretty bashed up. Tail fin bitten but managed to rescue her and put her into the hospital tank. I still need to find the other one and extract her as well.
Why is this? Is it bcoz they can't or don't want to defend themselves? I need to know if somebody can give me some positive feedback in this regard.
Thanks guys and gals
Hi, you might want to post this as its own thread so that it doesn't get overlooked. There are a lot more details that will be useful. Which I suggest reposting as its own thread.

How big is your tank?
What species do you have and how many (males and females) of each?
What are your water parameters?

Callard

AC Members
Sep 5, 2017
Port Elizabeth
Real Name
Callard
Camera Used
Samsung Tablet A
Hi
My tank is 1.400 x 500 x 500. I have abt 22 mbumas in my tank and one catfish. All my parameters are good temp is fine and flow good. I have one aggressive a aurutas chichlid in there as well and don't know if that is the cause of the problem. I did a water change abt 2 was ago as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store