5 weeks of treatment and I can't get rid of the ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Keep in mind that a significant portion of the ick life cycle is not visible, taking place inside the fish, in the water column, or in the substrate. That is why is it critical to maintain the treatment period for a full 10 days, minimum, after the last visible sign of the parasite. I'd go 20, just to be sure.

Secondary infections are common, and the best treatment will be clean water. Any additional medication may impair or react with the ick treatment.

Leanne Olsen

AC Members
Jul 22, 2017
Cheyenne, Wyoming USA
Camera Used
Nikon 14x Wide Optical Zoom ED VR
OrionGirl, I am not sure if your reply is to the other person or me....or both! :D

One of my Rainbows has ONE spot on its back (late last night discovery)! Sticking to the Salt and temperature and water renewal daily (using Stress Coat and Quick Start with that) method since I am out of Ick meds and also out of budget. Have raised the temperature to 87-88. All fishies are doing fine and eating normally. Am hoping to save some of my plants...in spite of Salt they are growing like crazy. (Lighting=1x24ins Zoo Med "Flora Sun" & 1x24ins Glo "Aqua Glo")

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Both. ;)

Most plants will be fine with low levels of salt--sodium is a micro-nutrient; they generally need so little of it that it doesn't require supplementation. Fine leaved plants, or soft water plants might suffer from long term exposure, but 6-8 weeks is usually tolerated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store