Ivanacara adoketa male laying on its side

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
So I got an lage Ivanacara adoketa male in the mail 2 days ago and I acclimated it. The other females are doing just fine but this male is inactive, lays on its side from time to time and doesn't eat. The seller told me that he used bag buddies which sedates the fish and will take a little while before they get back to normal. But its been 2 days and I'm not sure if this is normal

Its gotten me pretty nervous that it might be a swim bladder problem or that it got hurt in the bag

QT tank so please ignore the ugly ugly gravel

Please help

Last edited:

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
If it has only been two days since you got the fish, it still could be shipping stress. I would recommend doing a few water changes, even if your parameters are good. Its always a good strategy to start off with a water change, IMO. It's not abnormal for a fish to resist food that soon after delivery. Most of the vendors I order from recommend a three day fast period after arrival of the fish. I'd give it a few more days.

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
Thank you on your imput tiff, I sure hope so. I haven't had this happen before so I'm pretty nervous

Ok more water changes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store