Cichlid Identification

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iPleco

Registered Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hello guys! I have a friend who has this fish in his tank. I didn't manage to ask him but I got some photos of it. I believe it is some kind of a cichlid?
IMG_4244.JPG
IMG_4229.JPG
Thanks! :)

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
The one in front is definitely an African cichlid. It is hard to tell from the images which species it might be, or even if it is just a mutt hybrid. But it is a nice looking fish. Its hard to see the head/mouth shape which is really what narrows these guys down. However, I will say it will likely not be a good tank mate for the blood parrot in the back.

iPleco

Registered Member
Oct 23, 2017
It is not with the parrot fish anymore and was rehomed by my friend. Could it be an OB Dragon Blood Peacock Cichlid?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
It is not with the parrot fish anymore and was rehomed by my friend. Could it be an OB Dragon Blood Peacock Cichlid?
It is definitely an OB, but beyond that, I couldn't say. Peacock is likely with the outline of the head, but I wouldn't be comfortable saying for sure.

Reactions: iPleco

iPleco

Registered Member
Oct 23, 2017
It is definitely an OB, but beyond that, I couldn't say. Peacock is likely with the outline of the head, but I wouldn't be comfortable saying for sure.
Ok! Thanks Tifftastic Tifftastic !

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The are no true OB Peacocks anyway. So it is a hybrid Peacock.

Reactions: Tifftastic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store