Looking for rocks to put in my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sixburg57

Registered Member
Nov 14, 2017
hello new here currently I have slate and large river stones as caves and hiding spots but I’m not sold on it and not a huge fan. So looking for something different, any ideas or direction would be great

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
You might find something at a local landscaping supply center for very cheap.....

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Or the local quarry

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Is this image of the tank the African cichlids will go in? Or a different one? If its the same one, I'd recommend removing all the fake plants, trees/logs etc (and the Oscar ;)) It does need quite a bit more rocks and caves IMO. The spaces between the slate is almost too symmetrical, I think that's why you're not enjoying it. It seems like a grid and less like it naturally fell there. I think some different size rocks and stacking rocks in the back of the slate as well so that there isn't access from both sides, will make it more appealing to both you and the fish.

Sixburg57

Registered Member
Nov 14, 2017
This is the tank, I’m going to remove the the plants I was looking into holey rock I want to put in some live plants not a ton but a few, the Oscar has come out due to him playing hunger games.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I can tell you from experience African cichlids will destroy live plants. They prefer the bottom really open and full of caves, plants will be dug up and since mbuna are largely herbivorous many will be snacked on. Holy rock is nice, and will take less work to arrange.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store