Does my ADF have a fungus problem?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Charlotte

Registered Member
Jan 10, 2018
49FFB482-1B89-4514-973E-B0124F359D72.jpeg Hi
I am a bit worried about my little fellow. He has loads of these tiny white spots on his belly. He has been acting fine and normal although recently I have had to swap him into another tank because he was getting into the internal filter, so he is probably suffering a little relocation stress. He has been eating and swimming around fine, not floating at the top, goes up for breath as normal. I tested the water and it’s 0ppm chlorine, 20ppm nitrate and 0ppm nitrite.

Can I use Melafix fungal treatment? I live in the UK and is the only one my pet shop sells and that I have right now so I could start treatment straight away. So does this look like a fungal problem? Also he hasn’t shed recently.

Thanks.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Welcome!

Does anything else live in this tank with the frog? How old is the setup?

It's a great thing that you have a means to measure your water parameters and nitrates are not too high.

Charlotte

Registered Member
Jan 10, 2018
Welcome!

Does anything else live in this tank with the frog? How old is the setup?

It's a great thing that you have a means to measure your water parameters and nitrates are not too high.
He was in a tank with a betta and two bronze corydoras, although they don’t have any fungus problems. But he is now on his own, do you think it may be a fungus problem?

Charlotte

Registered Member
Jan 10, 2018
He was in a tank with a betta and two bronze corydoras, although they don’t have any fungus problems. But he is now on his own, do you think it may be a fungus problem?
Oh when transferring him to the new tank I used the old water he was in, so there’s been no sudden changes in water parameters

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Hard to say if it's fungal or not.

Keep the water changed regularly and possibly elevate the water temp and observe.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Odd readings to give, IMO. From a test strip that is dipped?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store