Two spot goby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any fish can and will under the right conditions if it's able to. Like if it gets spooked and there's no cover on the tank.

This particular fish? I'm thinking yes.:)

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
All dishes can and will jump. Just depends on the circumstance.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Common names are tough, and while any fish CAN jump, no I would not say that two spot gobies are prone to carpet surfing. They tend to hang out towards the bottom of the tank, and avoid open water. Did you have one jump, or are you looking to add one to an open tank?

crewcheifgtaa

AC Members
Apr 27, 2017
We assumed we lost our diamond goby due to carpet surfing. That was a fee months ago. We replaced him with a two spot. The diamond carcass was never found. Then just the other day a carcass appeared and the two spot is MIA asof this time. So trying to solve the mystery

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Unless you saw the clowns being rude (and they can be!), I'd think it unlikely that the goby would have jumped. However, they are small, and it wouldn't take long for a healthy tank to process the remains.

Any reason you haven't put a top on? I tend to favor them for all tanks, but particularly for SW since swings in salinity have been shown to be SO detrimental to corals.

crewcheifgtaa

AC Members
Apr 27, 2017
Unless you saw the clowns being rude (and they can be!), I'd think it unlikely that the goby would have jumped. However, they are small, and it wouldn't take long for a healthy tank to process the remains.

Any reason you haven't put a top on? I tend to favor them for all tanks, but particularly for SW since swings in salinity have been shown to be SO detrimental to corals.
There is a top on the tank
Also the clowns hardly noticed the goby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store