Any one keep valentino syno?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
Saw them on ebay haven't seen them in the LFS. Anyone have them? Or experience with them?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm not a fan of hybrids of any fish. I don't even like long finned or albino fish (& especially not "balloon fish" or "flowerhorns"), but that's me. Just because a fish can be easily "created" doesn't mean I am willing to support it with my money or my tanks.

It's different to use hormones to breed sidthimunki loaches, they're endangered in the wild. They are not hybrids, but need some human intervention to keep them in the hobby since people have messed up their habitats.

It's kind of a moral issue to me, but may not be to you. Please, if you decide to keep them & possibly breed them, make sure any "next keepers" understand what exactly they're getting.

Sorry, as you can tell, this is a major issue to me. Do what you think is right...but why not keep a "true" species?

Reactions: dudley

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
Ok thanks I didnt know anything about them

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I am with Fishorama on this. Those Synos are not natural, but are Hybrids. I too am not very big on Hybrid fishes, but I do have 2 Marble Angels--They are short fins though.

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
What are they made from?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica