More eficient heating system is need it

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oscaraperez

Registered Member
Mar 10, 2018
Hello guy and girls I am looking for a way to heat up my acuarium in a more eficient and therefore less power used way.
The reason beeing is that my house is 100% power off-grid and the biggest consumer of all is the Acuarium heater and the filtration system.
I was thinking about a bottom heater like the JBL Protemp wich have few bad reviews I know. I like this solution because at home the radiant floor heater is super eficient and transfering that into the acuarium I was hopping was the same.
I also thinking about a filter/heater solution because a lot of heat is need it to transfer that heat into the rest of the acuarium with a heater somewere in the corner but if the water flow trought the the heater on the way back to the acuarium maybe will be a better way to do it.
The last idea could be two heaters instead of one I know some of you may think Double consuption but if we go back to the previous idea regarding one heater need to use more energy to heat up the whole acuarium maybe one on each side will be better in doin it and therefore will reduce the average wattage usage.
Please let me know your opinion, ideas or solutions.
Thanks

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The most efficient way to heat, is to make it loss heat less. Insulate is my answer.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
As Jessica noted, tank insulation including a cover on top. Two heaters are usually always my choice for failure reasons. What size is your tank, and your location? What fish are you stocking?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
My suggestion would be to choose livestock that wants to be at your room temperature... Then heaters will not take any power at all.

Reactions: smitty

oscaraperez

Registered Member
Mar 10, 2018
The most efficient way to heat, is to make it loss heat less. Insulate is my answer.
Thank you for your comment this vas my first approach to solve the problem hoses and filters are already insulated for 2 years now I did notice the improvement the first month but still need more.
Thank you again

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
You can put a small heater in an hob filter.

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
If you like the radiant floor idea why not try 4 heaters. Put foam insulation on the inside of the lid. And insulation over the entire tank when you are not looking at it. Not home and sleeping and ****.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store