Goldfish has spots on its body

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bpch2o

Registered Member
May 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a goldfish that lives in a 50-gallon tank with two koi fish and two other goldfish. I noticed lately he has developed round spots on his body that appears to look like tumors. At first, I thought it was Dropsy disease but it does not appear so since he is not bloated. All is normal otherwise, he does not display abnormal behavior symptoms--he is eating normal and has a lot of energy to swim around.

I treated the entire tank with Tetra Lifeguard All-In-One Freshwater Aquarium Treatment using the recommended dosage and treated the tank for 5 days, added some aquarium salt, and Melafix. I decided to treat the whole tank because I was worried the whole tank might be infected. He does not appear to be healing.

If anyone could provide more information, it would be much appreciated.

Note: Unfortunately, since I am new to this forum I am not able to post links to photos of the fish. Can anyone help with that?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Welcome!

How long have these 5 goldfish been together in this setup? Any new additions?

I'm assuming you do a large water change weekly? Readings in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is just a start!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
A picture would be helpful, but the Koi maybe pecking at the goldfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store