Tiny white dots

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Christy78

Registered Member
May 16, 2018
These dots have appeared several times on the back of my tank. I have no snails. Any idea what they are??

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Eggs! Maybe the angels, but if they're white they're not fertile. Fertile eggs are tan or amber color. Sometimes pairs need to learn how spawn but I had 2 females that both laid eggs together.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
What she said X2. Fish eggs.

Christy78

Registered Member
May 16, 2018
I can not tell if mine are both female or not. I believe both of them are. And do they lay their eggs on the wall of the tank??

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
It's hard to tell even if you can see the oviposter or breeding tube? (that doesn't look right, lol). I was sure 1 I had was male but after the other angels died off she laid eggs by herself. But she did have free swimming fry once so I had a pair at 1 time. By behavior I had guessed wrong.

Angels may lay eggs almost anywhere, filter tube, heater wood, rocks, big plant leaf or side of tank.

How many angels do you have in what size tank?

Christy78

Registered Member
May 16, 2018
It's hard to tell even if you can see the oviposter or breeding tube? (that doesn't look right, lol). I was sure 1 I had was male but after the other angels died off she laid eggs by herself. But she did have free swimming fry once so I had a pair at 1 time. By behavior I had guessed wrong.

Angels may lay eggs almost anywhere, filter tube, heater wood, rocks, big plant leaf or side of tank.

How many angels do you have in what size tank?
2 Angel's in a 60 Gallon tank

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, either sex mix you have, you're good. You know at least 1 is female because you have eggs. That is the best possible way for your tank. My female angels, even after we added a young male (that flirted shamelessly) preferred to lay eggs with each other, that's what they were used to.

What other fish do you have? It doesn't really matter for the angels' breeding or not, I'm just interested...Maybe a full tank pic? We love pics...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store