Labs with Peacocks and how many?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GS1981

AC Members
Jun 26, 2012
Somerset, England
Hi i want to keep Yellow labs with all male Peacocks in my 60 gallon tank, i only want 2 or 3 labs (because i love them) how many male peacocks should i add?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Hi i want to keep Yellow labs with all male Peacocks in my 60 gallon tank, i only want 2 or 3 labs (because i love them) how many male peacocks should i add?
How many would depend on which Peacocks you may want to keep. Do not get any with similar color or stripes. Yellow Labs are fairly mellow, in general, and should get along with Peacocks.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
How many would depend on which Peacocks you may want to keep. Do not get any with similar color or stripes. Yellow Labs are fairly mellow, in general, and should get along with Peacocks.
Agreed

jcarson

AC Members
Aug 16, 2018
Size advantage plays a role too. I have had breeding yellow labs terrorize my most aggressive mbunas. For me peacocks should have size advantage. My new tank will be a mixed tank of peacocks and mbunas and can be done.

Btw, just my opinion but the peacocks should be in the tank first and build your yellow lab population around them.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Labs and peacocks do fine together. I would keep about 15 peacocks with 3 labs in that size tank assuming you’re talking about Aulonocara.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store