20 gallon long Nano tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
I decided to go full on Nano with this tank which formerly housed a group White Cloud Minnows.
I added some large floating clumps of my ubiquitous pearlweed and have lots of grassy spawning media at the substrate.

Then I ordered 25 tiny young bue-green velvet shrimp (Neocaridina), who quickly settled into the substrate and are not seen much. The grass works maybe too well in this regard, but they have been swimming into the open water and the pearl weed more as the days pass.

I also already had my 4 skittish Emerald Dwarf Rasboras in there but I tired of looking at a near empty tank and I picked up 10 juvenile Boraras brigittae, a nice find, as they are bold little guys who swim in open waters much of the time.

Water is 74 degrees and is stained a bit from the peat in my filter and I wonder if I am adding too much? TDS is 145ppm, ph is now down to 6.5 and KH is barely readable.
I have an Eheim 2013 cannister which shoots the water into the filter box of an Eclipse 3 hood where it goes through a final filtration through some peat granules and floss before finally dripping into the tank.

The biggest challenge is how much to feed these very tiny fishes and shrimp.
I put in a little bowl of blanched spinach and an algae wafer but took them out after 3 days when no fish or shrimp appeared interested.
I am feeding dried cyclops, Hikari first bites, a few bug bites and crushed flake in very small quantities.

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
My Emerald dwarf rasboras actually spawned in the pearlweed today.
Good news, as these wild, skittish fish were seldom seen before I went with the all nano stocking.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I like the moody lighting, it seems to be a theme in your tanks, lol. Nice wood arrangement too.

Have you tried New Life Spectrum small fish food? I use it for some of my little fish. Try mixing it with crushed flakes. I prefer frozen cyclops but I never tried dried. Maybe soak it for a bit?

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
I bought these freeze dried cyclops on ebay a year or more ago. My fish just go nuts for it and this will last me for years. I may also get some more frozen bbs, a reliable standard which I trust these nano fish and shrimp will relish. I've had less luck with frozen cyclops however.

Yes, I have used and liked the new life spectrum product too.

I cautiouslly added just a couple chopped bloodworms yesterday. Hopefully the shrimp will manage to eat them over a day or two.
Not sure why they ignore algae wafers. I've never had much luck with those.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyclops-Fr...fd:m:m5n4VXBAC68l1082GQdMprg&var=530713070298

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store