help with Fungus /Injury /Infection on Albino Bristlenose.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Need help with an Alnino Bristlenose i bought last week.

I got her like that last week, now i have her in a 20 gallon uncycled hospital tank.
its been already 1 week, and the injury seems to have fungused.
I have added Ocean free yellow powder last night . and today i added a small heater and set it to 30 Deg Celcius. any advise on what to do?
i've been feeding her a few days ago since she has a really good appettite. but now the wound seem to become worse :( Should i totally skip feeding while in treatment

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Thanks , i think the medicine does kill bacteria in the filter. But this tank is not cycled.

It houses only my bristlenose while on treatment.
Tested 0 ammonia. Ph at 8 but ill have to retesy, we have a typhoon and and tapwater ph rises usually as sediments are stirred up in the water reservoir.

Not sure what else to do.

I dd a 30% water change and redosed with medicine. Also dropped a piece of algae wafer for her

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
If the stuff kills nitrifying bacteria there is no point in cycling, you have to keep doing water changes. But if she ain't getting better anyway ? I would try Microbelift Artemiss, that heals wounds too but doesn't affect nitrifying bacteria.

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Thanks is it like
Melafix? I have started treatment already so heaitant to change in the middle of treatment. But really hope she pulls through :( ill test ammonia and ph daily

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
No Artemiss is stated to be an immune stimulant against bacteria and promotes wound healing. I would put some driftwood in there, they love that and it'll lower the pH a bit, too.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What temperature are you running in this hospital tank?

Like said, most importantly is keeping up on water changes in there IMO. Warmer water temps should speed along anything bacterial.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Fungus meds is best applied directly on the wound. Catch him and put some on the wound maybe daily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store