Which pair of fish should be placed in Quarium first?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DefJ123

AC Members
Jun 24, 2018
In aquariums size and quantity right?!. Rummies wont get much bigger then 1" in my experience. Same as cardinals!
Rummies get far bigger then 1"? Mine are all 2" + long. I would say minimum a 3' long tank for them myself.

Ghost463

AC Members
Sep 12, 2018
Rummies get far bigger then 1"? Mine are all 2" + long. I would say minimum a 3' long tank for them myself.
That is a nice size rummie. Most ive seen in larger tanks may be 1.5". Mind u atm rummies have just been reintroduced to my 75gal. Ive had them before but in my 35 bow.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Be sure to check your identification skills.

A common/trade name for a fish might equate to more than 1 actual species.

Or might just be misidentified by whomever sold them to you.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm going to say both cardinals & rummy noses (all 3 species) get to 2 inches IME & observations. Not really suitable to 25L unless as an only species...& that's pushing it.

Reactions: dougall

Ghost463

AC Members
Sep 12, 2018
I must apologise. I am canadian and am just a couple days old on the form. 25leter.. If i am right thats around 5 gallon Maybe a bit more. I drink around that much coffee everyday lol. Tbo i would be more inclined to set that up as a micro saltwater tank. Inverts and coral..
Fresh water i would keep it very simple. Very lote stocking.
Just to cleare tue smoke a bit. But most of those smaller tetras are my go to's for easy care tanks. Being so resilient and being in a smaller micro managed tank. They seem to fit. What i ment in quantity is 1 of each and maybe 2 or 3 tops. Variety and color are what most of my clients want to see.
1" per gallon in freshwater is the rule of thumb. At least from my time in the hoddy.
The other smaller fish i fall back on for a different look would be the honey gaurami.
Then again i have the recoures to move fish from tank to tank. Also i use grow tanks. So maybe im just more used to moving thungs around and continually stocking tanks.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
In aquariums size and quantity right?!. Rummies wont get much bigger then 1" in my experience. Same as cardinals!
They can and will grow to over 2 inches in a larger tank. My Cardinals are about 2.5 inches.

PS-- There should be no 1 inch per gal rule. It is a myth and very inaccurate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store