Tenecore Tank How To Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How to set up Tenecor 100 gal tank.

• How to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aaron W Kinard

Registered Member
Sep 16, 2018
I just got an aquarium that was not being used. It's a Tenecor B100, 100 gal tank. It has an built in internal filter system, Since I don't have a clue what i'm doing can someone tell me what goes where on the inside back?
Thanks,
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59d5.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59de.jpg

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like this thread hasn't gotten the response that I'd expect. I'm not a saltwater guy, but I know a few things that may be enough to get the ball rolling. So, it looks like the back of your tank is a built in sump, which is a space efficient method. On the side with the overflow, the grooves that allow the water to go back there, you'd have your mechanical media, sponge basically, to remove the larger bits of debris and detritus. The water will flow through that, up the narrow portion, and those next chambers will house the fun stuff like your skimmer, heater, and biological filtration such as the bioballs. I'm not sure what other options you'd have for the biological filtration in a saltwater tank, but I know in a fresh, you can use things like ceramic media from a variety of manufacturers, or even lava rock, either of which I'd make sure is in a bag so you can pull it all out conveniently. After that, you'd have a return pump to put water back into the front part of the tank.

Aaron W Kinard

Registered Member
Sep 16, 2018
Looks like this thread hasn't gotten the response that I'd expect. I'm not a saltwater guy, but I know a few things that may be enough to get the ball rolling. So, it looks like the back of your tank is a built in sump, which is a space efficient method. On the side with the overflow, the grooves that allow the water to go back there, you'd have your mechanical media, sponge basically, to remove the larger bits of debris and detritus. The water will flow through that, up the narrow portion, and those next chambers will house the fun stuff like your skimmer, heater, and biological filtration such as the bioballs. I'm not sure what other options you'd have for the biological filtration in a saltwater tank, but I know in a fresh, you can use things like ceramic media from a variety of manufacturers, or even lava rock, either of which I'd make sure is in a bag so you can pull it all out conveniently. After that, you'd have a return pump to put water back into the front part of the tank.
Thanks for the information it truly helps me.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store