My 55g tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I really don’t want to keep the goldfish in the 37g for to much longer, even though they are still around 3-4”. They need to be moved soon.

I been put back on regular duty at work by the doctor(provided by workers comp) even though I told him I was still in pain. I can lift up to 3 gallons of water but a full 5 gallons I barely can. Not sure how much longer my shoulder will be out for maybe a few more weeks to months.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Health or other limitations can make us have a "rethink" on how many or how well we can keep any tanks. This is 1 reason I tend to keep a lighter stocking than is "possible" & go with what can be sustained when & if "stuff happens"...it can & does :(

I'm sorry you're having issues, especially painful 1s. There's an in between "optimal" tank care" & "this is the minimal I can do right now". Hopefully you'll get better soon, do what you can. Fingers crossed for you

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I might add water slowly over the course of this week, I lift heavier things at work which makes it worse. 2-3 half full buckets might be fine for me to handle.

The goldfish are doing really well, happily eating and active. I have an AC 70 running on my 37g along with a bubbler. I been slowly working on the 55g the past few weeks. It sits high since it’s on a dresser.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm "old" but mostly healthy , I can't lift 5+ g of water on a good day. Do what you can. I have a Python for refills, that helps...as does my husband.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have to go up and down stairs to use the bathtub to fill my bucket. The tub that’s upstairs can’t be used due to leaking pipes. I might pick up a short hose to fill the bucket via the upstairs sink.

This is how far I’ve had gotten. There’s about two inches of water over the gravel, so there’s about 5 gallons in the tank currently.
50F86FD3-25DD-49C3-87AF-FC4536C89871.jpeg

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I been filling my 5 gallon bucket half way and that doesn’t bother me that much. A full 5 gallon bucket are doable if I’m not in pain, but if I do full buckets the way my arm is now I will be hurting for days. Half buckets I can do, it’ll take twice as many trips up and down stairs, but it’s worth it in the end.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I am finally in the process of refilling the tank. Just a couple more buckets and till I can get the filter running. I saved the biomax from my old AC50 filter and kept it in a tank and two bio foam pads to help cycle the tank and seed the new filter. The Emperor filter has two extra media holders that I put the biomax and foam into. I will post a photo once the tank is full. I broke the glass tops to my tank, so there is no cover on the tank.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
My 55g is now up and running again after such a long while. It has been up for about two months this month. I have a Marineland Emperor 400 on the tank, may add another filter later if I need to. I do a 5 gallon w/c every other day.
Current stock: (all added slowly)
A pair of Keyhole Cichlids
8 Black phantom tetras
10 neons(8 black neons)
3 zebra loaches and 2 kuhli loaches
3 mollys
1 pictus catfish
1 Bolivian ram

The neons and kuhli loaches were from the 20 long, they seem far more active. Now just adding plants and may pick up a few otos. May move the Mollys to the 20 long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store