27.7g tank + Aquascaping (WIP)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Nice, will look great when it fills in. I'd prefer slightly less precise placement of the smaller stones, but that's just me.

Reactions: rockarolla70

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks great! I'd also suggest a more random placement or stones/rocks.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The issue for me is that all the small pieces are laid out to radiate from the central piece along the same plane, like rays from a sun. It looks forced. Nature isn't that precise--falling rocks will tumble and land at odd angles and directions from the mother stone.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
A dark or black background would help, as would darker substrate, but the substrate will turn "earth tone" in no time.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I like the light color of the substrate, but do not like the white background. Can you change the background color?

rockarolla70

AC Members
Oct 8, 2018
Bangalore, India
Real Name
Krish
I like the light color of the substrate, but do not like the white background. Can you change the background color?
Hi ,
FreshyFresh / Tanker... the background is still not finalized, I still have to decide if I want to go with back or white or frosted background.

OrionGirl / RBishop >> Yes I observed that ... from the top view I can clearly make out it has been more are less placed like rays, I will try your suggestion & see how it goes.

There are some more changes which is yet to be incorporated ... like
- Presently I have SunSun ADS-500c LED Lights with a black top surface which am not comfortable with, I would prefer a white one.
- Secondly as some of the branches of the driftwood is above the water surface I want the LED lights way above them .. so am in the process of getting a custom-made mounting legs. Have to see how all these changes fan out.

Will keep posting the improvisations.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrionGirl

rockarolla70

AC Members
Oct 8, 2018
Bangalore, India
Real Name
Krish
One more thing I've observed is I find some small common snails in the tank ... like the one which is on this leaf. I presume it must have come from the java moss or any of the plants. I was told that it's difficult to remove these small snails from the tank & they multiply pretty fast.

Solutions which were suggested locally were ...
1) They might get washed up when the water changes are done.
2) I was suggest that I can have a few Assassin snails which can keep these common snails in check.

Any other suggestions/solutions other than the above.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-11 at 10.28.07 PM.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store