54 Gal corner filtration

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jcarson

AC Members
Aug 16, 2018
I have this same tank "on sale and dirt cheap" I was able to spend a little more on canister filters.
Also using a penguin 200 HOB as well, I have 2 large sponge filters in the back corner

This was initial set up with just on canister and my penguin and 1 sponge filter

It has evolved so much from this first pic with no fish

Last edited:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Ya know, I had to "Dremel off" the top trim on my 75g to make a AC 75g fit...years ago...but it still works...
Yep. I would have had to do that to my Aqueon 75g as well to get AC75s to fit properly. I think I bought this tank new in 2013. The only HOBs that fit it properly are the big guys like AC110, Seachem tidal 110 and the biggest marinelands. I've had a Seachem Tidal 110 on it for about 2yrs. Don't care much for this HOB, but it works and I don't want to buy another. LOL.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow, jcarson, 3 Renas is some serious filtration! What are you using for the trays under them? I have Renas I'm not using now but I'd like trays when I do. Those look like a perfect size.

Reactions: jcarson

jcarson

AC Members
Aug 16, 2018
Wow, jcarson, 3 Renas is some serious filtration! What are you using for the trays under them? I have Renas I'm not using now but I'd like trays when I do. Those look like a perfect size.
They are cupcake trays from the dollar store.. And they do fit perfect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store