Water Cow Goby/ Eleotris Picta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taylor Price

AC Members
Nov 5, 2018
I cannot find any info on these guys! I saw one at my local pet store and fell in love. I’m not interested in tank mates, I plan on keeping him alone. I just want any info y’all can give me on setting up the water conditions just right for him because I heard they can be freshwater or brackish water. Also I know they have to be kept in at least a 40 gallon breeder for the width and then move up to maybe a 125. Thank you for your help. Also the picture attatched isn’t him it’s a picture from google to show y’all what he looked like in case I got the name wrong.

4E2BC91E-1FD0-4A7B-A66E-889E2C946DAB.jpeg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What size tank to you intend to keep this fish in? From what I've read, they can get huge. Like 18"+ long.

Taylor Price

AC Members
Nov 5, 2018
What size tank to you intend to keep this fish in? From what I've read, they can get huge. Like 18"+ long.
A 40 breeder to start and then move up from there, I’ve seen on some sites they can get up to 2 feet. I mostly just need info on how to condition the water and make it good for him

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
For a fish this size that's going to require fin-level water changes 1-2x per week, you'll want your tank water parameters to be in line with your tap water because of the volume of water you are going to go through. In regards to treating tap water to remove chlorine or chloramine, heavy metals, etc.. all you need is a product like Seachem prime or the granular form Safe. There's other good ones too.

Reactions: Taylor Price

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Probably much easier to just start with a tank that'll handle adult size, rather than incrementally move up as needed. That's a lot more expense in the long run, and a lot more work.

Reactions: Taylor Price
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store