Has anyone else trained their fish to do tricks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Not A GF fan but some of the "varieties" of GF are smaller than dojos in length at least, but not mass. I was talking about a BIG tank...or pool as possibility...just talking fantasy world, don't be so literal minded & snarky.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I am sorry if I sounded snarky Fishorama, that was not my intention. It was more of a general comment cause many folks keep weather loaches with goldfish, like the lady in the videos I posted. Many do not realize just how big goldfish get. Please don't take it the wrong way.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
the loach, it's all good! We all just want to have fun & interesting tanks. Sorry, I might have been the snarky 1, just trying to have fishy fun times. Please don't rain on my playful fishy parade, lol.

Reactions: the loach

Kmbishop111

AC Members
Nov 12, 2018
Arkansas
Real Name
Kris
What did I miss during water changes and angelfish training?? :eek::D I love how everyone is polite here and if there is a misunderstanding it doesn't have to turn nasty. Speaking of nasty, I'm fixing to attempt the ice covered roads in my non 4-wheel drive SUV all in the name of nicotine. #DontJudgeMe lol

PS I love how feisty everyone is after water changes!! My panda cats are practically dancing right now!! Also I may be mistaken, but it appears that my Rasboras look a tad better today!! Maybe, just maybe we're on the uphill swing of this thing!! I can't Thank You enough T the loach !! Now.... to brave the roads. :mad:

Last edited:

Kmbishop111

AC Members
Nov 12, 2018
Arkansas
Real Name
Kris
I present to you, Althea the Diva Angelfish and her second trick.....
Prepare to be amused and astonished ALL at the same time!!
(or something like that.....) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Good progress, next week she'll be swimming through that hoop!

This might be the video Fishorama was thinking of... a kit for fish tricks

But it's edited...

Not sure if the videos I was thinking of are really tricks, it's more a fish playing on it's own.

(totally not suited to be aquarium fish btw)

Not many fish tricks videos so Althea will be on the top of the list anyway !:)

Reactions: Kmbishop111

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Maybe try offering the worms near the top of the wheel. I feel sure Althea will get it in no time, she's motivated! Can her wheel really spin? It looks wired in place...you might need new props soon...

Yes, those look similar to the GF videos I was remembering, the loach. TY for finding them. But I seem to think the were "super bowl" or "world cup" versions as well...I don't know that I'd seen the "baby whales" before, fun stuff!

Kmbishop111

AC Members
Nov 12, 2018
Arkansas
Real Name
Kris
OMG, love love LOVE these videos!!

Yes, her wheel is stationary. Lol It was last minute improvised, I know it's hard to tell, right? ;)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Just to my aging eyes, I think Althea needs some "better" props. Step up her game! She can do it! I know she can! I see hoops in her future...With maybe golf ball size wiffle balls (filled with blood worms), she could be Steph Curry! (yeah, I am a Warrior fan! ...sorta). Keep it up!

I think my fav of the vids is the slalom GF; aka dog/fish obedience trials...How do they teach that? Fun stuff!

Kmbishop111

AC Members
Nov 12, 2018
Arkansas
Real Name
Kris
And then it just happened..... :D
That look on her face is priceless!!

(I've never seen anything quite like her going after those bloodworms!!)
And yes, admittedly momma heres prop game isn't strong. Ha!
We're both a work in progress. Actually she's kinda a little bit super star now. :cool:

Next stop.....the limbo, Althea style!:eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store