Floating Java Moss

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Jan 6, 2019
Can I cast a vote for good old watersprite? It may be the easiest of the floaters to prune and keep under control. The bigger plants don’t mind a trimming of a couple of ranger leaves at all and the new plantlets are a snap compared to duckweed. Over the years I’ve had no luck whatsoever with the other neat floaters like azolla, red roots, etc. You may also need to consider what plants you have under whatever you choose.

Jan 6, 2019
Can I cast a vote for good old watersprite? It may be the easiest of the floaters to prune and keep under control. The bigger plants don’t mind a trimming of a couple of ranger leaves at all and the new plantlets are a snap compared to duckweed. Over the years I’ve had no luck whatsoever with the other neat floaters like azolla, red roots, etc. You may also need to consider what plants you have under whatever you choose.

Reido Dorito

AC Members
Jun 6, 2017
Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, I really want to try water sprite someday. Maybe in my livebearer tank. It's bushy, so it would help protect the fry, right?

Oh, and I ended up just floating some anubias instead. We'll see how it turns out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store