I’ve got eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
My rams have decided the new cave was pretty nice and they laid eggs on it. My ph is 8.2 so I’m pretty surprised, although the breeder keeps them in a higher ph. I don’t have any food for them and they are in a community so I don’t expect any survivors, but neat none the less. 7E348659-9A8C-4C54-B550-E43780D9FF6D.jpeg

Reactions: dudley

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Congrats! Some of those eggs don't look fertile, clear or white not fertile, tan is good!

It often takes at least a couple times of egg laying/male fertilizing for even a happy pair to get it right...& then there the community tank thing. It sounds like you have the right attitude.

Either way it's caviar or tiny fry for all...but you just might get a survivor or more. Lot's of plants & rocks help.

Once a pair "gets it", they'll get better at breeding...more eggs & better fertilizing...IME every 4 weeks is pretty cichlid normal, or even more.

Good luck!

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
So cool! I've kept many Rams in the past and it's always thrilling when they breed.
The eggs don't look fertile and I cannot imagine they would hatch anyway with that high PH.
You said the breeder has even higher PH?
Do know his/her water parameterrs?

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
They ate all the eggs later that day. The breeder raises them in 8.2 but breeds them in a lower ph. They have yet to spawn again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store