Amazontanklvr's tank build/blog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Ok. Thanks for the tip! It also depends on if it's cheaper to order form my LFS or from them. Thanks again!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The only reason that I stopped considering them was that they aren't very colorful. I might get some GBRs if the apistos don't work but I don't know.

Thank you. Good luck to you too!

Im not sure what strain to get. Double red or 'rio xingu'. I want blue. Which would you get? However there is a price difference with the DR being cheaper.
The double red is very beautiful, I have seen it in person and it's a great combination of colors, however I don't know much about varieties of apistograms, I hope to start studying them a little more in depth, as I have done with marine fish.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
The double red is very beautiful, I have seen it in person and it's a great combination of colors, however I don't know much about varieties of apistograms, I hope to start studying them a little more in depth, as I have done with marine fish.
I do know lots about Apistos. Never kept them but have read a little too much about them! lol

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I like apistogramma elizabethae, its one of the harder apistos to keep.

I wouldn't do GBR with angels, they need a tank to themselves built around them. Angel's wouldn't like em.
Apistogramma elizabethae is one of the freshwater fish that I most want, can you explain why it's considered a difficult fish to maintain? I have a future 90 gallon project, what possibility do you think of adding a couple or a male in such a tank? In this tank I want to keep angels of course, and I have read from you that it's not a good idea, can you explain why?

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Well it really depends, F1s are obviously more tank ready than wilds because they are shy fish, and while they can live at every pH they will show best colors and behaviours in soft water and a pH of <7

Many people do not reccomend mixing them with other fish/active fish so angels would be crossed out.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Could you share the articles or books you have read as documentation for the apistogrammas please? I think I need to understand these species before acquiring them

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Gladly. I might not be able to get them to you before tonight but you'll have them by tomorrow.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Could you share the articles or books you have read as documentation for the apistogrammas please? I think I need to understand these species before acquiring them
Alot of info came from hearing others on several different forums, but here's a very detailed profile of them from SeriouslyFish which is a database consisting of data from scientists and hobbyists.

Crispii

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Well it really depends, F1s are obviously more tank ready than wilds because they are shy fish, and while they can live at every pH they will show best colors and behaviours in soft water and a pH of <7

Many people do not reccomend mixing them with other fish/active fish so angels would be crossed out.
It also depends on the GH on the aquarium. It's generally not a good idea to mix soft water fish with hard water fish.

Reactions: CichlidFins
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store