Helpfull Hint...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Anyone who has an AGA overflow make sure you have it covered up well so fish don't get in it....

I have 4 layers of gutter guard over the top of mine (trying to difuse light so I get less algae back there, and then I have eggcrate over top of my tank so fish can't jump out and my 6line wrasse managed to squeeze through a little hole and get stuck back there. I have no idea how I'm going to get him out... so this is just a heads up to make sure you're fish don't get stuck (I thought I was prepared)

HTH,

Neil

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Where was the little hole it got through? I have a piece of plexiglas painted black that covers my overflow, and I'm hoping it's enough.

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Also learned the hard way. Escapees include 1 black molly, 1 fiddler crab, 1 betta, too many ghost shrimp to count, several snails. I finally had a piece of plexi custom cut for each overflow.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Its one of the megaflows that has a spot on each side of it to install the overflow kit. My friend knocked the hole on the left out when we were doing the plumbing before I could tell him that the return nozzle wouldn't fit over there, so he jumped through that. I'm going to cut a piece of plexiglass to fit there and a black piece for the top since I get algae down there too.

The fish ended up going through the plumbing after 2 days (he was eating while in the compartment, i just couldn't get him out). I found him in my fliter sock after 2 days and I put him back in the main tank, other than the clown fish forgetting who he was and chasing him (his name is Chase... cuz thats all they do) he is fine and goes over to the overflow with my tang to look at it every like 20mins, its pretty funny.

HTH,

Neil

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
That hole wasn't opened, so it looks like I'm in good shape. Except for whatever hole I haven't thought of yet.

Glad to hear the fish went back into the main tank.

richtpe

AC Members
Dec 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
wastememphis said:
he is fine and goes over to the overflow with my tang to look at it every like 20mins, its pretty funny.
Think they're trying to figure out where their escape plan went wrong?

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
hahaha, I bet he was telling his story. The tank is barebottom so they can see the sump... and whenever I change a filter sock or clean the skimmer they look down at me and look really confused... he probbaly even more scared being below the tank for a change. I'm suprised he made it through my PVC pipe water slide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store