How do I feed my fish garlic?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Before I take apart my reef, I'd like to try the garlic on my sick fish. How can I do that? Do I season the food with garlic powder? If so, how much?

I'm also doing a water change today and removing some more of the crushed coral.

Thanks,
Tom

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
I put flakes in a syringe, and then sprinkle a touch of garlic powder over the food. Not much. I suck up some tank water into the syringe, and shake it up. Then I let it sit for awhile, and feed. I saw some ich before I used garlic, and haven't seen it since I started.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I use kent marine garlic extream. Works great

spinx

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
The best way is to soak it in garlic extract, it has a much less pungent odour.
Ps feeding fish garlic only serves to promote fish health and vitality

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Can I feed garlic to my BTA too?

I bought the extract and use 2 drops on my food 5 minutes before feeding. Smells like my grandma's house around here with a hint of seafood. Anyway, can I feed the garlic laden food to my bta too?
Thanks,
Tom

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I add a few drops of garlic x-treme to the food a few minutes before I feed it to the fish and the corals. I do it this way in all of my tanks weather they are freshwater or my saltwater reef and my fish are very healthy. Yes you can feed the food to your bta this way too.

Marinemom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store