10 gallon (it’s dirted) any ideas to breed or something in

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
I’m looking for fish to breed in a 10 gallon any ideas I don’t want any wild Bettas or dwarf shrimp I was thinking Bolivian rams also probably nothing predatory because I will use the fry to put in my community tank

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Not really sure I would keep a pair of rams in a 10g,maybe just to breed but especially not long term.

Long finned white clouds are easy and cheap.

Aspidoras are easy too.

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
A 10 gallon is too small for a breeding pair of cichlids. A 10 gallon would work for a breeding tank of rams or apistos like Dougall said, but you risk the chance of breaking the pair every time you move them back and forth between the main tank and the 10 gallon tank you're using as the breeding tank. Really the smallest you want to use for rams or apistos is a 20 gallon long so you can leave the pair together indefinitely.

Your best bet is to stick with something easy to whet your teeth on, such as white clouds or danios. Once you have more experience you can advance to harder fish that need more exacting needs to breed.

WYite

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Or some guppies
A 10 gallon is too small for a breeding pair of cichlids. A 10 gallon would work for a breeding tank of rams or apistos like Dougall said, but you risk the chance of breaking the pair every time you move them back and forth between the main tank and the 10 gallon tank you're using as the breeding tank. Really the smallest you want to use for rams or apistos is a 20 gallon long so you can leave the pair together indefinitely.

Your best bet is to stick with something easy to whet your teeth on, such as white clouds or danios. Once you have more experience you can advance to harder fish that need more exacting needs to breed.

WYite

Reactions: FishAddict74
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store