10 Gallon Tank Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CODEABBY

AC Members
Jan 12, 2006
Is there any goldfish variety that would do good in a 10 gallon aquarium? I have a tank now that I am currently cycling, so when I got finished I had thought about a goldfish for it but wasn't sure if my tank would be big enough.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
CODEABBY said:
Is there any goldfish variety that would do good in a 10 gallon aquarium? I have a tank now that I am currently cycling, so when I got finished I had thought about a goldfish for it but wasn't sure if my tank would be big enough.

Even the smallest of goldfish can still easily get to be 6-8 inches and heavy bodied. So unfortunatly they don't belong in a 10 gallon aquarium. Those goldfish can be kept in a 30 gallon aquarium.

If you like the look of a bright coloured fish but want something smaller look at platies.

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
I wouldn't do a goldfish in a 10g. There are lots of tropicals that can go in a 10g, though.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
CODEABBY said:
If you want to try some really good hearty fish for the 10 gallon that is cool water, try Gambusia Afinis or the least killie. Both are fantastic fish that will do well for you and they are livebearers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store