10g Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JoBroCo

AC Members
Oct 7, 2020
Texas
You know I love to go off topic FF ;)

Sprinkle, I looked at thinkfish & wasn't impressed with the couple things I looked at...& then it quit working. Mostly old posts...

But finally back to the OP :) Look at fish that only grow to 1-1.5 inches, shrimp are interesting too. Are any fish catching your fancy?

Sorry It took me so long to answer Haven't been feeling that well. While shrimp and snails sound great I have a PH of 6.6-6.8 and if I understand that is not good for snails or shrimp so If I wanted to get them Would I need to get something to raise the PH is the tank? I might be leaning towards the "basic" White cloud mountain minnow for my 10g. I really want the Longfin variant but none of my LFS have them so IDK.

JoBroCo

AC Members
Oct 7, 2020
Texas
1). Any susbtrate u want
2). Java fern, hornwort, java moss, moss balls, anubias and cabomba and maybe pearlgrass and water sprite & wisteria. I probably missed some bc i no remember lols
3). Betta or guppies. Am gonna order my sparkling gouramies to start with them after losing my 5 betta. I would really recommend them, they r perfect nano fish and when they make noises, they can b heard across the room.

before putting in any live stock in, u may want 2 do the nitrogen cycle.
Other more experienced members will explain.
T TwoTankAmin is great, he can help as well :)

As of right Now a betta will be my "last resort" fish. If I cant find any other fish that catch my interest at My local LFS. (Cant get over my little fear of getting fish shipped lol) I will most likely get a betta. I currently have a betta Named Grumpa in my 20g.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
As of right Now a betta will be my "last resort" fish. If I cant find any other fish that catch my interest at My local LFS. (Cant get over my little fear of getting fish shipped lol) I will most likely get a betta. I currently have a betta Named Grumpa in my 20g.
My sparkling gouramies were shipped, but it was a special delivery next day so :/ they r in perf condition.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I believe it's not pH so much as hardness (GH) for shrimp & snails but they're often linked. Some crushed coral or cuttlebone in your filter may fix it for your tank. That said I have low GH & KH but pH ~7.5-ish tap water (most seasons), snails are ok but not too long lived, neo shrimp live but don't reproduce

I'm sure there are tiny fish that would love you water, tetras come to mind, I'll think some more. Honey gourami pair?

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store