10g rescape. help needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goatnad

AC Members
Jun 11, 2016
I have decided to change up the aquascape of one of my 10g tanks and now I'm kind of stuck. I have a large open area in the back center of the tank and I cant figure out what plant I want to put there. I am hoping maybe some of you will chime in as to what you would place there. I am short on money right now so I'm going to use one of the plant species I already but I just cant decide which would go well there. Here are the plants....

ludwigia palustris
bacopa carolinia
water wisteria
green cambomba
rotala magenta
rotala rotundifolia
narrow leaf ludwigia
lindernia rotundifolia 'variegated'
myrio filigree

Here is a picture of the tank. The rock that is in there is only there to hold the wood down until it water logs. I also am not done planting. I still have more dwarf sag, staurogyne repens, and cryptocoryne to put in. http://imgur.com/d2ExG63

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Edit: Doh typed all the below out and didn't notice the part about choosing one of the options listed. Water wisteria is easy to grow and can hold space for a time till you are able to replace it.

Cryptocoryn pontederifolia would completely fill the space from substrate to waterline in time and has larger leaves than the other crypt you have in there. It might get a little to big so you'd have to keep that in mind. Cryptocoryn beckettii would be nice size and be a contrasting bronze color.

You could put Anubius barteri var nana on something just behind the wood and have some stem plant or something like cyperus helferi* stuck in the back. *or cryptocoryn crispatula var balansae (will get to tall for the space)

A dense stand of saggitaria subulata tends to grow taller and might work.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
My vote would be the wisteria. I have some in my 29g, and it's perfect for fry and shrimp to hide out in. Grows fast, fills in well, and it's easy to keep in a low tech tank.

goatnad

AC Members
Jun 11, 2016
Thank you both for the recommendations. I guess I will go with the wisteria for now. Snake ice I really like the idea of more crypts. I've been wanting to get more varieties of them. I might be able to do some yard work for a neighbor this weekend and if I do I will look into getting one of those you listed. I have seen people say they get dwarf sag to grow tall but mine have never grown taller than what you see in the picture and typically they stay even shorter than that. If you have any idea how to get them taller then I'm all ears.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store