10g tank mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Dwarf crayfish are also an option. I'd suggest shrimp, but I don't know how white clouds get along with them. If you decide to upgrade your tank, there are a bunch of gorgeous small coolwater fish I could suggest.

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
White clouds and shrimp get along okay with shrimp. The shrimp just eat the WCMM eggs. If you don't have enough hiding spaces the WCMM declare war and pick on the freshly molted shrimp. Other than that they get along great :)

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
I would just add a few more to the school and call it done as far as fish are concerned. Shrimp and small snails (like the 'pest' snails that come in on plants) would be fine too.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
would you mind listing those fish and the min size tanks they can be housed in? not for my current tank, but as research for a potential future tank (or tanks)
Some appropriate temperate North American species include:

Any species of darter in the genus Etheostoma. These are all suitable for 10 gallon or larger tanks. These are beautiful small bottom-dwelling invertivores, somewhat comparable to gobies.

Any species of darter in the genus Percina. Some of these are suitable for a 10 gallon, but larger species, such as the logperches, need at least a 29/30 gallon. Similar to Etheostoma but more midwater-active.

Any madtom (Noturus species). These are small, nocturnal catfish. Most common species can live in a 10 gallon, but some, such as N. flavus, need at least a 29/30 gallon.

Any species of shiner (several genera, including Cyprinella, Hybopsis, Luxilus, Lythrurus, Notemigonus, and Notropis), dace (Clinostomus, Phoxinus, Rhinichthys), and some other minnows (Campostoma, Hybognathus, Phenacobius, Pimephales, etc.). Avoid large chubs such as Nocomis and Semotilus species, as they will eat smaller fish. These are all schooling fish and vary widely in size; a small school of some of the smaller dace and shiners may be kept in a 10 or 20 gallon, while a school of Campostoma or Notemigonus requires a four-foot tank at minimum.

Any temperate freshwater killifish in the genera Fundulus or Lucania would also work.

I am sure there are many small species from other temperate regions that would work, but I never see them here in the states; the only temperate Old World species other than white clouds that I see are big bruisers like goldfish, carp, other big cyprinids, wimples, and dojo loaches.

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
I would keep your stock the same, when it comes to vertebrates. a 10g isnt very big, and white clouds aren't exactly idle fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store