110g JACKPOT!! WOOT!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ghinksmon

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
Congratulations! You may want to verify it has the center brace. I had an older 110 that was manufactured without it. The glass would bow out 3/8" at the center when full. I know it was made that way, and probably ran for years before I got it but I was never comfortable with that. Either way even the accessories are worth 150.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Congrats!

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Well, the guy with the 110 setup said he already had a buyer picking it up on Tuesday, but he'd get in touch with me if that deal fell through, so not being one to wait around on a maybe and miss another deal, I continued the search. Have a 125 being brought to me this evening for $150 and an extra $30 delivery charge, brown trim, 6 foot tank as opposed to 4 foot, which was what I originally wanted anyhow, so that makes me happy, but I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new stand for it. That should run about $400 or so. The tank comes with lights too, but I'll most likely upgrade what she has on it. Going to Chico today to find a stand and will be going back with my father in law on Wednesday to bring it home with his truck.

Finally... a 6 footer! I've always wanted a tank that long!! It will certainly remove most of the territorial issues in stocking! I'll be starting a new thread for pics on the assembly process and updating that with each new addition or change.

As for the 110 setup being 48" high, I'm thining odds are that the guy was posting the hieght of the entire setup, tank, stand, and canopy, or more likely, he had his numbers messed up and meant 48" long x 30" tall/high and 18" deep. I've noticed that a lot of people give the "depth" of a tank in an ad thinking that means how deep the water in it will be rather than how far from front to back. I just do my best to associate the numbers to a common tank styles dimensions, and it it is so far off that I can't, then I ask for clarification.

I'd certainly love to buy up a few of the tanks I'm finding, but don't have a place to store them in this apartment first of all, and would far rather spend that money on setting up one really big tank just the way I want it. :)

alleykat0498

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
Virginia
I have the same tank, I think. It's 48Lx18Dx30H The stand included it's almost 6 feet tall. Mine doesnt have a center brace and it doesnt bow at all. It is a pain to clean though gotta get a stool and stick my arm in up to my armpit just to move anything on the bottom. As far as things going through with deals on craigslist, you are probably gonna get a phone call. I've had countless deals fall through with tanks I was selling when people just didnt show up to get em. Good luck.

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
awesome!

I have to agree with alleykat, I bet you'll get a call saying the other guy blew him off, and he's still got a tank to unload...

maybe you'll end up with 2!

overall, I have noticed prices of used equipment coming down (or at least people more willing to negotiate) Though I still have yet to find a deal like that.. Maybe in time..

GOOD LUCK!

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Well, at this point I certainly do hope he gets back to me... I just got an email from the owner of the 125 I had lined up for delivery and her husband tried to play He-Man and move the tank by himself, chipped the corner, and she wanted to know if I'm still interested in buying... Uhhhhhhhh, NO!?!

Back to square one...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store