125 Gallon Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Baney1909

AC Members
Oct 15, 2019
4-6 Platinum angels or other kinds
12-15 assorted cories
1-2 big schools of tetras or raspboras
Also I wanted to start breeding so is there anything that could go in that could breed easily in a planted tank?

I was going to use java ferns, sword, anubias, and carpet the ground with some baby tears.

I was also thinking boemsani rainbows maybe 6-8

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
oops, I see, a 125g, sorry. Still, while not over stocked it'll be very hard to breed any of those fish in a community tank & expect any survivors. All fish like to eat eggs & fry if they can.

If you don't have the corys yet, I'd try to grow in the carpet plants first. My corys plow up any plants without a very good root system.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would watch that the tetras/rasboras you get aren't small enough to become angel food.

I would go for a single species of Cory if possible, maybe 2 if you insist.but you will get better behavior from them that way.

Angels will breed easily in a planted tank... But will be territorial too, so watch your other fish.

Cory's will breed easily too, at least some species will, if you want them to breed, only having one kind will help that... Pick a species that is known to be easy to breed .

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What type of substrate do you plan to use in this 125g? is it an 18" x 72" footprint?

I see you've got other tanks as well, I assume you'll use filtration and decor out of them for cycling the 125?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store