14 gallon stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Questions

AC Members
Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
Im thinking about setting up my 14 gallon tank.Any ideas of what fish i can keep?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I would recommend treating a 14 gallon as if it were a 10 gallon. So, you could do neons, or guppies, or pea puffers, or dwarf/pygmy cories, or a betta or others. Depending on what is available around you, you might have a lot of options or a few options. It really depends. Is there any type of fish that you really like?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I agree with Tiff. Not too many other options with a 14gal. White Clouds and Endlers can be added to the above list.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
There are bunches of fish that will be perfectly happy in a 14--particularly if you're planting it. Smaller pencils, many of the wild bettas/licorice gouramies, the microrasboras, badis badis, and of course all of the different shrimps would be perfect for a 14. However, each other those animals have specific care needs, and not all are necessarily well suited for a new aquariast. Small tanks are great, but they do require more attention and care than a larger volume of water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store