140l preformed pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plainzwalker

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
FT Meade, MD
plainzwalker.no-ip.org
okay...so i dug the hole and stuck the pond in, filed the edges and excess space with dirt and lined it with some small rocks, i know its not that big of a pond or that deep, but i have to consider that i don't own this land and ill be moving in a year and a half to 2 years..my question is, what would be a good way to filter this water? a canister filter or just use a water pump? also i was wondering what type of fish out my good for this? i know its pretty small and koi are out of the question, but would a couple of gold fish be okay? also i was wondering what type of plants would be good for this? I am currently in SW Germany so it does get pretty cold here in the winter, so im wondering if i should look into a heater for it..

i would appreciate any kind of suggestion, this is my first attempt at a pond and my wife would not take no for an answer. i should be able to get a couple pictures up tomarrow.

thank you
plainz

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store