1st REAL planted tank (10g) log! (Picture heavy)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Maybe the tank was dosed with copper at some point in the past? 10g is so inexpensive it's almost not worth the bother to reseal. Maybe save it for a non invert quarantine.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Copper poisoning has only been ruled out because of the fact that it is a cycle. Everything does great for awhile and then nearly everything dies off slowly. I get new stock (any type of inverts) they do great (I easily had over 200 baby RCS in there a couple months ago) and then they slowly die off. If it was copper they'd never do well to begin with.

Ammonia spikes are always possible because it is conveniently nearly undetectable. I have had fairly large amounts of plants in there hoping it would absorb any ammonia but that didn't seem to work. I have taken tests WHILE the shrimp are dying and nothing shows up.

The shrimp die one by one and slowly, I have to watch the poor things suffer lately. :(

DP tank is tempting but I am TRYING (so very very very hard) to downsize. :D

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
looks great with the betta I am planning a similar set up with a 10 gallon I just found on the street. Cant wait to see it with the other plants you are planning on adding

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Sorry, this thread is 3 yrs old and that tank has been taken down. But good luck with yours!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store