2 guppies with little white patch ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Davey

AC Members
Oct 22, 2002
hi , i have 6 female guppies in a 20 gallon 2 of them ive had about 4-5 months and they have these little patches on there sides well maybe its not a patch but it looks like soem scales have fallen off or something can any one identify what it is ?

mt_marcy

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
hmm...white patches....i'm not sure what exactly u r seeing. If they are specks then it could be ick. If the white areas look all "cut up" then it could be from an injury. Why not try to give more info/discribtion to ur problem as I cant help you any more then that, except to make a guess which i have already done.
mt_marcy

ryan

Finder, Filleter, and Fryer of Nemo
Aug 20, 2002
Fort Wayne, Indiana
i often see (at work, meijers :p ) guppys with a white, almost swollen area on one side of the stomach, it generally appears a day to few days before death

ryan

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
One of those many skin complaints weedy fancy guppies are prone to. Might be columnaris, could be any one of a number of things.

Start with a columnaris image search on Google.

rockhead44

AC Members
Dec 10, 2001
New York
We would need a picture to properly identify the problem.Can you give us more information?Do to the over breeding of guppies they are prone to many different problems.If it is not ich and it is not columnaris.I think that I would agree with Ryan.I usually take them out if I see this with my guppies.I notice that sometimes this shows up after the females have given birth.Check your water too.Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store