20 Gallon Upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

g3omanser

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
cerritos, california
hey guys!!! petco's having a $1/gallon sale :headbang2: and i want to upgrade to a 20 gallon!! it's summer so i have plenty of time to do everything. the downside is im only 13 :cry: , so therefore im low on budget. i already have a 10 gallon w/ 4 neons, 1 black neon tetra, and 4 harlequins. what fish can i add that's:
1. CHEAP ($0-$3/FISH)
2. RELIABLE
3. EASY TO CARE FOR

THANK IN ADVANCE!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Platies. Maybe a pair.

Crispino Ramos

AC Members
Apr 8, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Real Name
Crispino Ramos
check out your local Craig's List classifieds.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
A betta would be great. A pair of platies would also be fun. Or you could do a trio of male guppies, and look for really nice ones.
I would also try to get 2 more neons and 2 more harlequins, and rehome the black neon if possible.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
hey guys!!! petco's having a $1/gallon sale :headbang2: and i want to upgrade to a 20 gallon!! it's summer so i have plenty of time to do everything. the downside is im only 13 :cry: , so therefore im low on budget. i already have a 10 gallon w/ 4 neons, 1 black neon tetra, and 4 harlequins. what fish can i add that's:
1. CHEAP ($0-$3/FISH)
2. RELIABLE
3. EASY TO CARE FOR

THANK IN ADVANCE!
Dude if you have ever played baseball than try taslking to your league about umping. I made 90 bucks as 13 year old, and made over 350 as the director of umpires for AA this year.

As for fish, I bet that you could find some free fish in your craigslist classifieds.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
1. CHEAP ($0-$3/FISH)
2. RELIABLE
3. EASY TO CARE FOR

THANK IN ADVANCE!
One idea, is talk to your local fish store about trading in your neon/black neon tetras for 2 or 3 more harlequins. Then maybe a bristlenose pleco or 4-5 corydoras such as albino, bronze, panda, julii, sterbai. (cories need smooth or sandy substrate) If you get a 20 long tank, the cories would be happier and you could have 6-8.

Have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store