20g High Tank - My stocking. Opinions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
The last sentence in the second paragraph does describe both pictures that follow it as platies. The picture on top right of the page, however, does show a male molly. They were just describing how to tell the genders apart using pictures of platies as it is the same with platies and mollys (along with guppies, endlers, and halfbeaks)

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Wait, nevermind the part about the pictures coming after because they don't!

g3omanser

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
cerritos, california
my tank is freaking overstocked but what the hell ill just share it with you guys!

13 mollies :O
5 neons
5 harlys
2 guppies (1 male 1 female)

hehehee i know right? like a prison cell.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
crazy water parameters but they're doing fine.
That is a very contradictory statement. I really hope you're doing 50% water changes twice a week and planning for a new tank. Can't be very enjoyable for your fish. :headshake2:

A649475

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
I bought another filter, the aquaclear 70. So right now I have the aquaclear 50 and 70 running at the same time on my 20 gallon tank so the new filter gets all the nitrifying bacteria. There is current going on in the tank but it seems that the neons and the other fish are okay with it. Aren't these fish originally from like rivers (Amazon river)? So I'm guessing they are physiologically equipped to handle the current right? Nevertheless, I'll take the aquaclear 50 out in a week or so.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I run an AC70 on my 20H but it's at the lowest flow (I think).

I've got a big betta with 9 neon tetras + 3 female endlers... everybody is happy! With the dwarf gourami you won't have to worry as much with flow, but it'll surely appreciate a calm spot to hang out. Gourami also like floating plants to rest under (this may be why he has a weird swimming behavior).

I was also pondering cories (have dwarf/habrosus in my 10g), but the neons like to stay in the mid/lower areas so it would be crowded. Perhaps shrimp? I've got some wild cherry shrimp that roam all over.

Good luck with your tank!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I personally love Mollies but I just end up never having room for the. i think it woudl be awesome to have a huge school of Neons or have some Dwarf Corydoras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store