20g Tall: 6 Tiger Barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

e_a_olson

AC Members
Mar 20, 2006
I recently outfitted my aquarium with six tiger barbs. As my tank is a 20 gallon, extra tall, and the tiger barbs dwell on the bottom primarily, I was wondering if there are any good fish to stock the tank with that might enjoy the upper level of the tank.

e_a_olson

AC Members
Mar 20, 2006
Are you suggesting that barbs not be kept with other species? Is there a species that can 'hold their own' against a barb, such that the barbs will leave them alone?

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Are you suggesting that barbs not be kept with other species? Is there a species that can 'hold their own' against a barb, such that the barbs will leave them alone?
if the barbs are in a big group then they will just chase each other around.. im not 100% sure what species can hold their own again the barbs but I AM 100% sure someone is about to answer it for you..

had a website saved from a while back.. says whats compatible with what Link

theotheragentm

AC Members
Nov 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If your Barbs are not all the same size you might end up with bullying even. I've heard of Tiger Barbs divebombing on Cories even. It's really touch and go even the chart says they're compatible.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
silver dollars, silver hatchet but then again you risk the barbs picking on the other fish and causing some fin nipping
That tank is very limited for the silver dollars.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I would never put Silver Dollars in that tank -- too little surface area for a fish that can get pretty big. Hatchets might be nice. I think they and the Tiger Barbs will be mostly at different levels of the water column. (Just make sure you have a good lid for the hatchets!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store