28 nanocube with GBRs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nterry

AC Members
Dec 10, 2005
Hi,

Setting up a nanocube. my plan is:

12 cardinal tetras
12 corydoras pygmaeus
German blue rams

How many rams should I get (two or would four be OK?) Or should I try for a trio?

Thanks,

nterry

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
hmm missed this one..

28 Nanocube I suspect is a 28 gallon tank..nono cube is generally a brand name cube often associated with marine tanks(IME)

however.. it is important to understand the needs of the fish...28 is plenty good for size of the fish you are planning IMO I would only go with a pair of Ramirezii( ram) if you can get an actual pair that is the direction I'd go.
Have you had much experience with Ramirezii?? I ask as a pair of Bolivians is also an option(if you are able to sex them ) you could go with a trio but be prepared to move one.

I find keepin ramirezii more difficult compared to altispinosa(bolivian)
the Ramirezii often do better in a mature tank...IME
when I place ramirezii in a well established mature tank they seem to do fine.in newer tanks less than 1 yr old I seem to have more issues with them.

nterry

AC Members
Dec 10, 2005
I have had bolivian rams, but I think the German blues are much nicer. Unfortunately, I've don't have good access to pairs, so I'll try a small group with a backup plan to deal with the extras (although I guess it's not really a backup plan, since it seems likely to be needed). A trio sounds good though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store