29 Gallon Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
idk maybe im seeing things. i really want to keep a female from her fry, but i kind of want it to be blue. :( she's a golden bouble bar platy and i have no idea what male she breed with since its not my platy cause i got her pregnant and he was in a different tank.
both of mine were prego when i got them, but there was only 1 male with them, so i know who the daddy is. and i own him. :)

but i think i might get special fry some day, cuz my nonprego f is dark red, while the others are red/orange. :)

but you can never know what your gonna get, cuz you can always get a fry who is different color.

do you have any male platies?

cab395

AC Members
Aug 28, 2011
I see you've got sand in there (correct me if I'm wrong) with the plants. I'd like to start with live plants but thought that might be a problem. Do you find sand is ok for live plants? How many inches do you have in there? Also, do you do anything special for your plants besides provide them with enough light?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
There really isn't a difference. I don't dose anything but I will dose excel.I like sand over gravel though. I have 3 inches of sand. Be sure to get some malaysian trumpet snails if you decide to get sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store