37 gallon fish tank stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishkeeper912

Registered Member
Jun 20, 2019
I am looking in to buying a 37 gallon fish tank 30 in L x 12 in W x 22 in H this is the biggest tank i could keep so i went with it. I had an Angelfish tank with live barrier tank with other community fish in a 55 gallon planted and I want something completely different I have some fish i like but i know that cant go with eat other these being tiger barbs, pink convict cichlids and fire mouth cichlids if you guys have ideas for stocking of comments on the fish I like please reply.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Why did you start another thread on this?

There was some suggestions on your other 37g thread.

Fishkeeper912

Registered Member
Jun 20, 2019
because i wanted more opinion since i was asking african cichlid fish keepers so i wanted a more general selection since i like other fish as well

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm going to say you don't have much tank "footprint" & any 1 cichlid species you've suggested would like it all. Tiger barbs need a bit more swimming room than 30 inches. You "might" get away with a M & F firemouth pair, but there's the whole breeding in a small the tank thing. Convicts are aggressive little breeding machines.

I'd suggest something different, say a pair of apistogrammas or rams & some mellow schoolers like lemon tetras or similar. You'll still have possible fry survival issues & would need to make a plan for them.

A 37g isn't ideal for many fish, lots of volume but not much floor space.

If that size is what you want, I'd go with small schoolers, smaller top dwellers & small bottom fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store